The turtle symbol is common and is present in many cultures. The main characteristics are a solid,
durable shell and survival, both in water and on land. These mammals travel
long distances across the seas. Due to the prevalence of the symbol in various cultures where
the art of tattooing was popular, the turtle tattoo has become popular all over the world.
The meaning of the turtle tattoo.
- Longevity. Turtles are long – lived. People choose such tattoos to show that something in
their life will always be important and meaningful: whether it is love for a particular football team, a
musical group or a thing. Others put tattoos on the body in order to wish themselves the same
- Fertility. Turtles lay hundreds of eggs at a time. They are a symbol of rich
fertility. Men and women apply tattoos in order to strengthen the reproductive functions of the body.
- Security, a talisman. Turtles are endowed with a hard, dense shell, which is able to
protect them from any danger. The shell is so strong that it is difficult to break it. It
symbolizes strength and perseverance. For women – it is a protective talisman. For men – it is a symbol of strength and
resistance to the enemy.
- Loyalty. Turtles swim away for huge distances from home, but they always
come back. The tattoo will be a symbol of loyalty to a partner, friend or family.
Purposefulness. Turtles are slow animals, but they always achieve their goals, no
matter how far they are. People get tattoos as a symbol of the fact that they are "slowly but surely"
going to their goals.
Choosing a place on the body for a turtle tattoo.
The tattoo can be placed on any part of the body, depending on the size of the sketch and the style of execution.
A large tattoo of a turtle – back, hip, stomach, chest. Small neat tattoos – hands, wrists,
The style of execution of the turtle tattoo.
- Like in a cartoon. Bright colors and clear shapes are characteristic, like in a children's coloring book. A cheerful
cheerful sketch is more suitable for girls.
- Ethnic group. These sketches are mostly made using geometric shapes and clear lines.
The color of the turtle tattoo is black and white. A sketch in this style can be made in
a small size and will fit on the wrist or even on the finger.
- Watercolor. Turtle tattoos for girls are often performed in this style. Delicate colors, soft
blurred contours, smooth lines. The location on the body is determined only by the size of the
sketch and the desire of the client.