hummingbird is the smallest and fastest among all the birds currently living on the planet. In addition, she is the only one who can fly backwards and even sideways. It is not surprising that with such properties, the hummingbird tattoo was sacred (carried a religious symbolic meaning) for the inhabitants of the tropics of Southern and humid forests of North America.
Traditionally, the meaning of the bird tattoo in Indian culture was emotionally elevated and tied to strong emotions: this is the joyful lightness of youth, the thrill of first love or the enjoyment of freedom and boundless expanses. And the hummingbird is no exception here. Here are just a couple of specific examples:
- For Maya, the significance of the hummingbird tattoo on the young man's ankle meant that he was the fastest runner of the tribe, a messenger for especially important and urgent errands. With age, due to injuries, or when there was an even more worthy candidate, the tattoo was mercilessly scraped off.
- Among the Aztecs, a hummingbird tattoo for girls was a traditional element of the pre-wedding ceremony. It was temporary and personified the small importance and fleetness of girlish youth and children's games compared to marital love and the cares of family life.
In modern times, the hummingbird tattoo has certainly lost its mystical and religious meaning, and is stuffed only for the aesthetic aspect, but in our society such a tattoo meaning can be interpreted in different ways, depending on the style and location of the drawing.
The modern meaning of the tattoo
energy and impetuosity,
restlessness and thirst for new discoveries and sensations.
most common sketch of a hummingbird tattoo can be seen in girls on a part of the body directly involved in the movement: this can be a shin, hand, foot. Here, the tattoo is associated more with a fountain of vital energy that beats in all directions and the desire of a young person for freedom and independence, since the drawing of a bird that is hyperactive in nature is additionally mobile.
- Hummingbird tattoo sketch on the shoulder, breasts, the lumbar zone symbolizes sensuality and excessive lightness of attitude to the realities of life, characteristic of young minds.
- The paired image of birds testifies to the mourning experienced by the girl for the loss of a loved one.
- The hummingbird depicted in flight is a symbol of purposeful impetuosity, a strong will that does not stop at anything to achieve the necessary goals.
- If during a close relationship, you noticed a tattooed bird on a previously hidden area of skin under your clothes, you should not immediately think about the immaturity of the character of a potential chosen one. Such a tattoo, despite the apparent cartoonishness, on the contrary, speaks of a quiet and calm character of a girl who wants to find the only lover for whom a bright bird will be intended in a joint family idyll. And its very presence is not about vulgarity, but about the creative component of a delicate girl's nature.
price of a tattoo is usually formed based on the size, area of work and artistic style of the body image.
If you have clearly decided on your decision, then there can be a huge variety of options for its execution, but the most popular ones can be divided into:
- Classic (old school) black and white image as close to reality as possible;
- Watercolor— a more artistic color option;
- Japanese (Oriental) style— not to be confused with anime. Here we mean a classic medieval engraving;
- Actually, anime is a cartoon, caricature style;
- A sketch in the form of an outline. It is interesting because it does not have clear artistic facets and leaves a lot of room for the imagination.