This main organ was connected with the deepest and most painful human feeling – love. Thus, the heart symbol became an instant reminder that love is everywhere. Of course, tattoos have become one of the ways to use the heart symbol to express feelings and attachments. Many people choose heart tattoos that symbolize different things for them: love for a person, for parents or, perhaps, for a pet, love for music, art, sports, and so on. The design, shape, color and size of the tattoo can be varied. There are simple minimalistic tattoos, and there are complex three-dimensional realistic heart tattoos that people choose depending on their preferences.
The meaning of the heart tattoo
- Black heart. A symbol of a sad loss, most often associated with death. A sign of grief for a relative who has died, a symbol of the termination of a relationship or in memory of a tragic event.
- A broken heart. The general meaning is deception in love. People decide to get such a tattoo if a loved one has left or deceived them in order to show the world how painful love can be.
- Celtic heart. Celtic tattoos are praised for their beauty, and people usually choose them because they like the design. They symbolize strength, the union of souls. Celtic knots and spirals are also very popular among tattoo lovers.
- A heart and a dagger. Two meanings: a stabbed heart or love suffering. They are chosen by people in whose life love no longer has power and is not capable of causing pain. If a dagger pierces the heart and blood flows from it – it is a sign that love makes a person suffer. Most often, the performance style is old school.
- Heart and fire. A symbol of passionate love. It can be dedicated to another person or as a general characteristic of a person. If the whole heart is on fire – it is a symbol of an all-consuming passionate love that brings pain.
- Heart-shaped lock. A sign that the owner of the tattoo has a heart closed to love. If there is a key nearby – it is a sign that a person is waiting for his soul mate. It can be a pair tattoo: one of the lovers has a heart with a lock, and the other has the key to this lock.
- Realistic tattoo of a heart as an organ. Such tattoos are not common. People who want to be unconventional choose this design. Because of the realism of the image, such a tattoo is chosen by people whose professional activity is related to saving lives – cardiologists or other medical specialists.
- Religious heart tattoo. A Christian tattoo, a symbol of love for Jesus Christ and faith in religion. It depicts a heart surrounded by thorns, with angel wings and a crown on top. In some cases, the crown is replaced from above by a cross with rays emanating from it.
- A sewn-up heart. A sign of the pain and suffering experienced because of love.
- A heart with wings. A symbol of the freedom of the soul, a sign of liberation from a sick addiction.
- A bleeding heart. A symbol of lost love.
- A twisted spiral in the shape of a heart. This style of heart tattoo performance became popular thanks to the famous musician Marilyn Manson. It symbolizes crazy love and has the name "heart spiral" among the fans and followers of the musician.
- heart-a-gram. The symbol of the band HIM and its lead singer Ville Valo. It is a sign of a heart combined with a pentagram. The meaning of such a tattoo is the unity of love and death.
Tattoo color value
- Red – love, power, danger.
- Pink – romance, kindness, tenderness, the color of life.
- Orange – energy, happiness, passion.
- Yellow – jealousy, treason.
- Green – hope, freshness, youth.
- Blue – eternity, loyalty, honesty.
- Blue – trust, calmness.
- Purple – frivolity, carelessness, nostalgia.
- Lilac – a bright future, harmony.
- Black – mourning, misfortune, death.
- Gray – the power of reason, friendliness.
- White – purity, innocence
Choosing a place on the body for a heart tattoo
The value of the tattoo will not change depending on the place of application. It all depends on the sketch, size, style
fulfillment and personal desire. A heart tattoo in combination with many other elements is better
place on the chest, side, back, hip, shoulder. A small neat sketch of a heart tattoo for a girl
you can place on the wrist, ankle or neck. There are also paired heart tattoos and are performed on the fingers instead of wedding rings and symbolize marriage. The smaller the size of the tattoo, the simpler the sketch should be. For example, the contour of the heart is depicted on the finger. When choosing a heart tattoo, it is worth remembering that love is not always eternal, but the tattoo will remain for life.