Despite how sad you are, birdsong drives away depressive moods and calms you down. The singing of birds is like the sound of the birth of a new day, the first song of spring, the renewal of nature. Throughout history, mankind has been obsessed with birds and their ability to fly. They are the main symbol of freedom. The earliest inventors were inspired by the ability of birds to fly freely through the sky for long distances. Thanks to these inventors, people can now fly across huge oceans on airplanes in just a few hours. Below you will find the bird tattoo dictionary, which describes in detail the meanings of different types of birds. Read on and you will be mesmerized by these winged creatures!
The meaning of bird tattoos.
Each bird tattoo carries its own meaning. It depends on the choice of the bird, the style of execution and the combination with other objects in the sketch. The value can be radically different and differ as day and night. The main meanings of bird tattoos:
- Spiritual patronage and protection.
- Motherhood and family.
- Beauty and elegance.
- Love and peace.
- Education, intelligence, intelligence.
Types of bird tattoos.
- Bird of Paradise: They are religious icons of Papua and New Guinea. They represent beauty, elegance and grace.
- Cardinals: These bright red birds have close ties with German culture, are symbols of happiness and joy. It is not uncommon to see cardinals depicted in Germany as a symbol of Christmas. The red cardinal tattoo also means vitality, youth and passion.
- Raven: The meaning of the raven tattoo is contradictory character, renewal, transformation, protection and amazing intelligence.
Cranes: These elegant birds represent peace, prosperity, hope and purity.
- Doves: As one of the key symbols of Christianity, dove tattoos are a symbol of love and peace.
- Eagles : This iconic bird appears on the American flag, representing strength, power, spirituality and wisdom. Eagles, like tattoos, often represent American patriotism.
- Hawks: it is a symbol of courage and honor, they usually symbolize courage, protection and spirituality. They are also known for their expert hunting skills.
- Hummingbird: The Aztecs once created talismans that were modeled after hummingbirds, believing that they give a person vitality. Like tattoos, these birds symbolize energy, passion and vitality.
- Owls: are a symbol of wisdom, mystery and truth.
- Parrots: as the only animal that can pronounce words, parrots began to represent communication, curiosity and intelligence.
- Peacock : although peacocks are known as a symbol of narcissism because of their ostentatious feathers, they were originally representatives of piety, kindness, compassion and knowledge.
- Phoenix: a mythical symbol of survival, the phoenix represents the cycle of life. He also has close ties with the Christian idea of "rising from the ashes".
- Swallow: it has long been a sign of safe travel for sailors and the Navy. It is believed that these birds protect the souls of the dead. Like tattoos, they symbolize beauty, peace, protection and motherhood.
- Swan: A swan tattoo is a symbol of beauty, elegance and grace.
- Thunderbird (thunderbird bird): This mythical bird is a central figure in Indian culture, and its design was inspired by the eagle. Thunderbird tattoos mean honor, valor, nobility and domination.
- Vulture: Known for its expert hunting skills, the vulture is a symbol of death, renewal, purity and protection.
Whether your bird tattoo sketch is mythical or real, they have a long history as powerful symbols. The connection can be religious, cultural or personal, but no matter what it is, any of these birds can be executed in a stunning design.
The choice of a place on the body for tattooing is determined only by the size of the sketch and the style of execution. It does not carry any special additional meaning in itself. If you choose a sketch of an eagle with spread wings, then it is better to perform such a tattoo on the chest or back. Bird tattoos for girls are performed in the style of realism or in the style of watercolor, even large-sized sketches look very gentle and airy, due to the absence of clear black contours in the tattoo. Bird tattoos for girls on the hip looks great in combination with flowers. The size of the sketch can be large and cover the entire area of the thigh, thanks to the brightness and femininity of the colors, the tattoo will not look rough. The composition of several birds flying one after another is performed either on the forearm or on the back along the spine. A tattoo of a small bird can be placed on the neck, wrist or ankle. The choice of style for performing a small tattoo is limited only by your preferences.