Tattoo "Phoenix": at the origins of eternal beauty
The interest in tattoos in the form of a phoenix is immortal, as is the mystical bird itself. Since tattoos have become a part of art, phoenix has taken pride of place in the list of luxury subjects for tattoos. Juicy colors, deep meaning and the ability to create exclusive sketches – these criteria are called the three elephants that support the global demand for phoenix tattoos.
Where the Phoenix came from.
The existence of the immortal bird was known in different parts of the world.
- The Egyptians believed that after the resurrection, the phoenix brings ashes to the sacrificial altar in the city of Heliopolis (modern Cairo).
- In ancient China, it is equivalent to dragons and personified the feminine principle of all things. Unlike its Western counterpart, Chinesebirds are more colorful. The fiery red color was complemented by blue, green and even lilac tones.
This is reflected in the images of the phoenix on the body. As a rule, the phoenix tattoo is done in color, although there are monochrome sketches. However, you should not neglect a full-color tattoo in this case. This is an opportunity to fully reveal the temperament, to do it in a refined and elegant way.
You can perform a phoenix tattoo in three ways:
- Classic fiery. Images of the fire bird are common in Europe, the Two Rivers and North Africa. This tattoo is dominated by red tones, as well as shades of orange, pink and yellow.
- Chinese phoenix. The tattoo is suitable for lovers of Oriental culture. This phoenix combines many colors. Depending on the preferences of the owner, it can be made with the predominance of a certain range.
- A stylized monochrome image. More often it is black in a frame of a flame of green or blue color.
meaning of a tattoo with the image of a phoenix in different cultures of the world will help to determine the most suitable option.
The meaning of the phoenix tattoo
- In Christianity, the symbol of the phoenix echoes the miraculous resurrection of Jesus Christ. And the Jewish people have a legend that explains the miraculous transformations of the bird. According to the myth, the phoenix refused to eat the forbidden fruit from the Garden of Eden, for which he received immortality as a reward. The meaning of the phoenix tattoo in the Christian environment symbolized the eternal life not of perishable flesh, but of the spirit that managed to overcome death. The magic talisman phoenix prolongs the earthly life and strengthens the spirituality of the wearer.
- In ancient Egyptian legends, the phoenix is considered a solar symbol. The carrier of such an image is protected by of the sun, absorbs energy. He has access to the reincarnation of the soul and the continuation of himself in the descendants.
- The Chinese associate the phoenix with female energy and beauty. Therefore, colored phoenixes are more often stuffed by the beautiful half of humanity. In Russian mythology, the prototype of the phoenix is a firebird, which is considered a symbol of good luck, prosperity and wisdom.
Whatever the phoenix tattoo sketch is chosen, it will give the owner confidence, spiritual strength and patience. It will help you cope with difficulties and find a way out of difficult situations.
- Different styles are relevant for color tattoos, one of them is oriental. The sketch of the phoenix tattoo in this case is performed in accordance with the Asian traditions of painting.
- Also popular are old school and new school, thrash polka and watercolor.
Monochrome images are made in such stylistic directions as:
- The framework. Suitable for originals and fans of linear graphics;
- Tribal. The southern direction, popular in Oceania, among Polynesians, Australians and Africans;
- Minimalism and some others.
The choice of color and style of the drawing is often influenced by the location of the tattoo and the presence of additional details.
Choosing a place
location of the bird depends on the gender of the carrier. So, the phoenix tattoo for girls is more often vertically oriented and located on the shin, the outer side thighs, on forearm or occupies the space on the side of breasts to the buttocks.
Men choose bold decisions by stuffing large-scale paintings on back or chest. The left forearm is also relevant. Much less often in men, the phoenix appears on the legs.
phoenix tattoo is combined with other elements. For example, the image of a phoenix with a dragon is popular: the struggle of the female and male principles. Often there is a phoenix bursting out of the flame or captured on the background of the landscape.